Fundraising – Get sponsored
We can’t do what we do without you.
Fundraisers are a vital part of our work to make life better for thousands of people. Get sponsored for an event, bake cakes, hold a coffee morning – or do something completely different. Find all the ideas, inspiration and resources you need right here.
Whether it’s a bake-off, sitting in a bath of custard, or cycling from Lands End to John O’Groats there’s a sponsored event for everyone.
Everyone loves a sponsored event. From your favourite pastime, to a personal challenge – getting sponsored will build excitement and attract support from friends and family.
There are loads of activities you can do: running, dancing, swimming, climbing, cycling – to name just a few. Just choose something you enjoy, or get that once-in-a-lifetime personal challenge out of your system.
How to get those sponsors
Once you have decided on what activity to do, the next step is making sure you get those vital sponsors.
Ask everyone you know, from family and friends to work colleagues and neighbours. Set yourself a target so that everyone knows how much you are trying to raise.
Set up a sponsorship page
An online fundraising page lets friends and family sponsor you by debit/credit card or Paypal from anywhere in the world.
- We have had/ do have fundraisers that have run marathons, completed the Ride London – Surrey 100 and we also have a (Helping Other People Excel) – HOPE Ball every two years. And/or donate here.
- Visit our Relate Mid Surrey Virgin just giving website http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charity-web/charity/finalCharityHomepage.action?charityId=1003857.
- Select your event type and create your sponsorship page by following the instructions.
- Send your page link by email to everyone you know.
- Post your page to Facebook and Twitter.
- A personalised thank you email will be sent to everyone who donates to you.
Gift Aid it
Gift Aid allows us to claim back the tax on donations. That means for every £1 you raise, we’ll be able to claim at least an extra 25p from the government. Make sure that when people sponsor you, they tick the box for Gift Aid!