Welcome to our first-ever Relationships Week (20-26 July), bringing together voices from across the UK to highlight the importance of healthy relationships in our lives.
The COVID-19 pandemic has perhaps been the biggest test of relationships in recent history. We’ve heard a lot about relationships coming under pressure but relationships have also been vital for getting us through this difficult time. That’s why the theme of the Week is ‘relationships unlocked’ – and why we want to start a national conversation about every aspect of our relationships.
We’re encouraging everyone to talk more openly about relationships – whether it’s to thank someone for their support during lockdown or to begin addressing issues that have been swept under the carpet in recent months.
Here’s a video of Relationship Psychologist, Broadcaster and Relate Vice-President, Anjula Mutanda, talking about our #RelationshipRocks social media campaign and how you can get involved.
Here’s how you can join the conversation this week:
- Take part in our #RelationshipRocks social media campaign. Thank your #RelationshipRocks – the friends, family, partners, colleagues and neighbours who’ve supported you through lockdown. For instructions on how to take part on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, click here.
- Add the Relationships Week Facebook frame to your profile picture.
- Share our infographic. Our new poll of more than 2,000 people provides a snapshot of the UK’s couple, social and family relationships as the nation emerges from lockdown. Download the infographics and mini graphics here and share the findings on social media.
- Read and share our blogs. We’ll be launching a new blog on each day of the week.
Relationship support and resources
- Find out more about how Relate can support your relationships.
- Take our FREE short course on effective communication (available from 20-26 July)
- Having post-lockdown relationship doubts? Take our compatibility quiz
- Check out our Covid-19 advice and information section